Tel No: 012 807 6792 / 087 654 1308
Physical Address: Equestria Shopping Centre Upper Level (Above Clicks)
Cnr Simon Vermooten & Furrow Road
For Office Furniture enquiries contact: Liza@furnituremerchants.co.za
For Steel Gates & Balustrading contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
BENCHES & LOUNGERS
A bench is a long seat on which multiple people may sit at the same time. Benches are typically made of wood, but may also be made of metal, stone, or synthetic materials. Many benches have arm and back rests; some have no back rest and can be sat on from either side. In American public areas, benches are often donated by persons or associations, which may then be indicated on it, e.g. by a small plaque. Benches are used both outdoors and indoors.
Often benches are simply named for the place they are used, regardless of whether this implies a specific design.
- Park benches are set as seating places within public parks, and vary in the number of people they can seat.
- Garden benches are similar to public park benches, but are longer and offer more sitting places.
- Picnic tables, or catering buffet tables have long benches as well as a table. These tables may have table legs which are collapsible, in order to expedite transport and storage.
- Scenic benches are situated to provide a comfortable means of enjoying the contemplation of a beautiful landscape, a busy street scene, or perhaps a specific event.
- Perch benches are usually situated in high traffic areas to enable people to take a quick break.
- A storage bench is a combination of sitting space and a storage box, often used for keeping gardening supplies or grill equipment.
- A form is a backless bench that was used for seating in dining rooms, school rooms and law courts.
a long chair that is used for sitting or lying outdoors